Friday, December 22, 2017

Reality Check makes My Head Swim

I never heard a Medical Doctor's confirmation but I do think that my maternal grandmother 'Mammy' Bennett suffered from low blood pressure. Once in awhile, I'd hear her say, "Oh my, I best sit a spell, my head's taken to swimming." I suspect she was likely feeling dizzy or faint. Well, I take meds for high blood pressure and recently my head's 'taken' to swimming.

This coming Saturday, I was planning to attend my dear friend's Ken Bracey's visitation in Morton, Illinois. Ken died December 4th and will be buried in his beloved home town, Mason City, Illinois. Well, those plans had to be scrapped after news came two days ago that my East St. Louis high school teammate in both basketball and baseball died suddenly of a heart condition. Some East St. Louis classmates will assemble Saturday in Collinsville, Illinois for John 'Yonko' Basarich's visitation at the same time as Bracey's...makes my 'head swim!'

My faithful blog readers will recall that I shared with them back in mid-October the stark realization that three of my dearest high school buddies had passed within two years and another was trapped in that dark hole called Alzheimer's. On the heels of that bitter-sweet 60th high school Class Reunion, I now must decide, to which part of the State shall I travel to bid farewell to a dear friend.

And surely, when I tell my kids that I get out of bed each morning between 4:30 & 5::30, they say in a surprised tone, "Why do you get up so early?"...REALLY?
(Touch)
Slip Slidin' Away

No comments:

Post a Comment