Sunday, December 24, 2017

Merry Christmas...'Friends.'

I suppose it could be said about Facebook that which is said about many things at man's disposal: 'It can be an instrument for goodness or a instrument for evil.'

I was blessed with many friends long before the Facebook phenomenon gripped our lives. Today, my IPad tells me that I have hundreds of friends with whom I'm connected each time I open Facebook.
At a given moment, I learn of someones birthday and my chance to wish them 'returns.' I see photos of a recent wedding or somebodies new puppy. I'm entertained by a proud parent's video clip of their child's performance. Another FB friend reaches out asking prayer for a sick love one. I learn of the heartache, which enters lives because of loss. My Facebook inter-action permits me to debate or argue differing views on an endless list of issues. I often times feel the envelope being pushed when debates become heated or frustration comes into our discourse.

Oh, indeed Facebook can be a tool for promoting goodness or a tool for turning friends into enemies.

And then there are some, as I, foolish enough to write a daily blog, which inevitably invites comments, which may come in the form of kudos or angry reactions in the form of disagreement or verbal attack.

In any event, at day's end you are my friends and in this season, which is set aside by Christians worldwide to commemorate the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ, it is in His name that I express my love and good wishes for all my friends with whom I share this journey. Merry Christmas.
(Touch)Why can't it remain...all through the year?

No comments:

Post a Comment