Friday, January 19, 2018

'Buck Up Betty.'

Likely as most folks, I have held a consistent attitude regarding good manners and respect for women. I truly believe 'mom' is our greatest gift. I open doors for women. I suppose I feel this way and do such things due to 'how' I was raised by my parents and growing up in the 1940's & 1950's cultural climate. That said, I've kept pace with women's journey toward equality in our society and in particularly the work place. Footnote: Eight granddaughters? Why would I not champion women's causes?

Very recently, I made the comment to my wife that I've noticed outstanding insight from well versed females in the media coverage of sports and politics. Obviously, when women are given the opportunities they are more than capable of delivering. My response? Hi, hip hooray! Now give them equal perks and pay.

The aforementioned on record, I request your attention to the following. If a school district permits a girl to participate on the boys' teams they do not play under special protective or watered-down rules.
Please, shall we distinguish between playing by the same rules versus being treated disrespectfully by crude and offensive comments. Okay, let's make the distinctions: During the Republican Presidential 'Primary' campaign, Donald Trump made disrespectful and ignorant remarks when he said about Carly Forina, "Look at that face. Who would vote for that face for our next President?" And about debate moderator, Megyn Kelly, Trump said, "She was bleeding from somewhere.?" Those are  unacceptable and personal vulgar attacks.

In the workplace arena everybody should understand that the gloves are off as we give equal rights to both genders. That said, when Senator Corey Booker ripped into Homeland Security Chief, Kristen Nielsen for her 'selective recall' of President Trump's reported use of vulgar language describing African countries, he should not be critized for his verbal attack of Nielsen. Nielsen and other women who seek jobs and equality in the workplace cannot have it both ways; the equality yet the softer playing rules.
(Touch)
She is Woman

No comments:

Post a Comment