Sunday, January 7, 2018

No Friend of Mine

The other evening, I was perusing Facebook when one of those pop-ups appeared. This one announced that three people had 'unfriended' me on Facebook and therefore asked me if I wished to find out who these folks are. The announcement went on to assure me that I should not be offended by this event because "it happens all the time to everybody." I was offered steps to follow if I wanted to pursue investigation into 'lost' friends. I opted out of that 'feather chasing' invitation and instead went to the kitchen drawer, took out a butcher knife and was just about ready to stick it through my ear when my wife entered the room and said, "Wax in your ears, again?" She foiled the attempt!

I ask the question: Why the hell would I want to know who 'unfriended' me on Facebook?! I can absolutely guarantee you that I DID NOT request their friendships to begin with; take that to the bank! Secondly, need I remind anyone that which I did for thirty-nine years? I chose coaching high school youth (peoples' children), which begs the question: Don't you need friends?

Folks, I've been blessed by God. I married up. I have a dog. That said, see you on Facebook or 'NOT.'Ain't No Friend of Mine

No comments:

Post a Comment