Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Just Wish I was Smarter, Then I'd Be Sure

I read my Bible but I'll admit, I don't Study my Bible. I'm certain there are many ministers and Christian brothers and sisters who will read my acknowledgment and feel a need to weigh in with an opinion or response and I accept that; if I can't accept their responses then I should not write blogs, right?

 Here's what I've noticed. There are many biblical scholars and quasi biblical scholars who wish to interpret the scriptures for me. Interestingly, I've noticed many passages interpreted differently
by different scholars. Sometimes I find scripture-debates interesting but mostly, I find them a boring exercise in pompously perceived intellect.

I will give kudos to Internet googling on the matter of Biblical scripture research. I simply Google any aspect of life and request the Internet to send me to the appropriate scriptures and 'BINGO!'

I have taken inventory and can report that I have been associated with religion my entire 79-years and  I've been in a heart-felt 'faith-relationship with Jesus Christ for the past 67-years. During my journey, I've come to realize that there is two powers greater than anything in the world. Greater than money, greater than fame and greater than status. Those powers I reference are the powers of 'love' and 'hate.' Either of these, love or hate will consume you.

Now just because I'm not a Biblical scholar does not mean I'm a lost soul. Understand that I do have a simple Biblical Blueprint: what I've noticed about he Bible is this: From the book of Genesis through the book of Revelations (and books between) the Bible talks about two things: 1) Gods love for people and 2) peoples' need to love one another.

That's pretty much the deal. I'm not sure about you but as for me? Well, I could do much better up holding my part.
(Touch)
It's About Love

No comments:

Post a Comment