Thursday, January 25, 2018

Don't Forget To Pray

You've seen the message. It's on yard signs throughout the nation, on bumper stickers and on   billboards. The sign reads: "Pray For Our Nation." The message-plea resonates with me and I would guess it strikes a chord with all 'believers' everywhere. I 'get' the message and I am motivated to take action but I'm stymied. Pray for OUR Nation? Pray for whom? Pray for what?

Whether you wish to accept it or not, we all are much like the late humorist and social commentator, Will Rogers who famously said, "All I know is what I read in the papers and that's an alibi for my ignorance." Now you ask, what's that got to do with 'pray for our nation?' Well, I'll tell you...I'm perplexed. Before I petition my Lord in prayer should I not speak to something specifically? If the answer is yes then what shall I believe before formulating my prayer request? Consider...

I am told that most media outlets are manufacturers of 'Fake News.' I know that it is also documented that the Internet news stories can be untrue. It would thus appear that I should pray for truth to invade America.

As I wait for the truth-ship to dock...Perhaps, I should just pray for you and ask you to pray for me.

(Touch)Pray for you; Pray for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment