Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Name Game

It made my wife uneasy at the time and angry at me afterward but I just couldn't resist. Here's what happened: On our drive through Alabama in early January heading South to the Sunshine state, we stopped at a popular interstate truck stop that advertises (and rightly so) Alabama's best bar-b-q. As we entered the very crowded waiting area, I called out loudly, "Hey Bubba!" I couldn't count fast enough the number of heads that turned towards me as if answering my call out.

I later got to ponderin,' I wonder what other popular nicknames are found down South. I then began recalling nicknames from my past and many are unique; try adding to this list: always a 'Smitty,'  Blackie, Lumpy, Stump, Radar, Moe, Pud, Poochie, Memo, Skates, KeKe, Kizzie, Gunner, Skeeter, Dink, Pepper, Pookie, Kit, Shay-Shay, Pops, Mookie, Duke, Slats, Dizzy, Hoot, Buster, Dusty, Pick, Boofer, Doc, Buzz, Hot Chocolate, Thumper, Ping-Pong, Ollie, Cobby, Huge, Frog, and my all time favorite>>'Poo Poo' Harper.

(Touch)
Name Game

No comments:

Post a Comment