Friday, June 15, 2018

He Set The Bar High

This Father's Day, 2018, marks the 24-consecutive year that I have NOT purchased a Father's Day gift. My, oh my, My Dad has been gone for nearly a quarter-century. Doesn't seem possible. I vividly recall those previous celebrations. My dad was always a little embarrassed when he was the target of any showy love. In that manner, my dad was much like his mother who was also quiet and shy. When he was not the focus of attention but placed in a leadership situation to 'get something done' for the good of the order or individual, you better get in step with him or step out of the parade.

In previous blog writings, I believe I've made it clear that my father was my hero. He was a man of great character, deep love of country and for people. He was unwavering in his commitments and work ethics. He was a devoted husband and that special individual who possessed a magnetic personality of calm confidence who others were drawn towards.

Dad: I wish I was struggling today trying to decide on a Father's Day gift for you but those days are reduced to precious memories of yesterday's and they are, indeed precious. Thanks for your gift of lessons and a blueprint by which to comport oneself. Although you set the bar impossibly high, I believe your three sons gave it a shot.

To those who read my words today, I would tell you: If your father is still living, let him know of your love and appreciation. If you are as I then my hope is that you remember the sweet moments. And  to all the dads out there, Happy Fathers Day and God Bless.
(Touch)
Faith of Our Fathers

No comments:

Post a Comment