Thursday, June 14, 2018

I'm Going Batty!

A parent should never complain to their children about the 'other' parent. One parent does not have the right to infringe upon their children's' relationships with the other parent. I find it repulsive and shallow for one parent to burden their children with mom and dad's relationship issues. It's a No-No!

Even though I suspect that my kids would like to know that their mother is 'driving me bats,' I shall stifle my inclination to complain to them about Mommy. (Note: I just used the word 'bats." That's a good word but one you seldom hear any longer. My mother in-law liked that word. She was always saying 'bats.') 'Bats' used in this form references a state of mental stability. Someone not 'wired right.' You know, 'bats in the belfry,' or that person is 'batty, which parallels 'goofy.' Or that person whose over-the-edge behavior can cause another to go 'batty.' That would be me, the 'batty' one caused by my wife's behavior. I'd like to tell my kids but I won't...so I'll tell you readers.

At the core of the issue is my wife's refusal to throw things away. Things that we no longer use, things that are broken and things that create clutter and confusion. We've kept furniture through the years because my wife insisted when our kids and grandkids started housekeeping they'd likely need those items. News flash! Young people want new stuff. Young people do not embrace 'hand me downs.'  My wife keeps lamps no longer function-able, a defunct coffee pot, children's stuff and an untold number of various size flower vases. We store the broken items rather than toss them. "Somebody might fix them," I'm told.

Inside our refrigerator you might notice four butter tubs or three cottage cheese containers. This does not reflect an abundance of butter or cottage cheese. We're using empty tubs for 'left-overs' yet we have kitchen cabinets filled with every imaginable size storage container manufactured! Confusing!

We have seven televisions in our home. Only four are used. The other are housed for some body's need, which has yet been identified. We have a large two car garage that barely accommodates our Toyota Avalon. If I am not careful driving the auto into the garage, I might run over a Charlie Brown Christmas Tree, a large collection of cookware, jewelry, household goods, picnic coolers and baskets along with lawn chairs and a vintage bicycle all of which have been positioned for a 'Garage Sale' sine 2014.

If only I could tell the kids that their mother is driving me 'bats.' But...I do feel better telling you.
(Touch)
Going Outta My Head

No comments:

Post a Comment