Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Just Dumb

Our home is located on the Northeast edge of Decatur, Illinois near Interstate-72. We are a mile and a half from the Forsyth Hickory Point Mall or better identified, we're within a stone's throw of the Von Maur Private Department Store.

The seedlings of the now 32-Von Maur Stores' locations, which features clothing apparel, jewelry, shoes, handbags and cosmetics can be traced back to a small building in Davenport, Iowa 146-years ago. Those who are familiar with Von Maur know of its quality merchandise and upside pricing.

Every Hickory Point Mall Von Maur woman's department sales clerk is on a first-name basis with my wife and both daughters, Dawn (South Barrington, IL.) and Pamela (Jacksonville, IL.) Most every parent-gift occasion, Dawn telephones Von Maur to secure gift cards and Pamela can find the store in the dead of night without using her headlights. If my wife fails to make an appearance at Von Maur iin two weeks, a sales clerk will telephone our home just to check on my wife's well-being.

Now, let me establish something up-front. My wife has always been a frugal shopper and a very smart 'on sale' shopper. The great thing about Von Maur is they place many women's garments 'on sale.' A lady shopper can usually get good buys at Von Maur. I am convinced that the major reason Von Maur has great ladies' sales is due to the fact they charge top dollar for men's apparel and NEVER put those items on sale.

My wife recently purchased a couple of tops at Von Maur. You guessed, they were on sale. They were very smart and once very expensive. My wife always models her purchases and asks my opinion. 99% of the time those buys are pleasing to me and get a thumbs up. Dadgumit if I didn't make a mistake just the other day with my critique. One top looked terrific on my wife's five foot 121 lb frame. I smiled and gave a nod of approval on the first top. What happened next still baffles me.
 I don't why I said something so stupid when she tried on the second top. Instead of just saying, "No, I don't think that looks good on you." I said, "Oh NO! You look like a miniature 'Ma Kettle' in that thing." I took the pup, Yodie for a long walk right after that comment and today, I'm going to Von Maur and get that little girl little a gift certificate.
(Touch)
I'm Sorry

No comments:

Post a Comment