Friday, June 1, 2018

Things Change

I'm convinced when we were young and less encumbered with cares yet saturated in great energy, we gave little thought to a time when things would change.  Soon we noticed that foods once enjoyed are no-no's as they negatively impact our health. If it ain't elevated blood sugar levels it's out of whack cholesterol numbers  or gastrointestinal issues. I remember those gone-by-days when I felt so good after a hot shower following a three mile run in the glorious mid-day sun. This morning, my two-mile walk began at 5 AM before the heat and humidity would cause a stroke.

Food intake and exercise  are not the only things that take a compromising hit. There is so much news information throughout the day on our hand-held devise and cable news networks, I seldom stay up to watch the ten o'clock local news. I've likely heard the news and gotten my sports' scores on the web before ten o'clock. The only thing of interest might be the weather forecast but that holds a fifty percent accuracy potential. I'm not staying up for a maybe prediction. Of course, I gave up on those 'late night' shows about the time Johnny Carson gave up.

I am saddened that time slowly but certainly changed the morning bedroom game with my wife. But it was something neither of us could control. Let me explain. For many years, I would fix coffee, cereal and juice then take it upstairs to our bedroom where we would have breakfast and read the morning paper. After the news reading the fun game started. Every other morning, my wife and I would trade off. One morning she would read the names of the celebrity birthdays and the next morning I would read the name. The one guessing the celebrity's age within two years scored a point. We kept score...we are competitive that way. We no longer play the game. We simply don't know 90% of today's celebs. Many notables and celebs from our generation ain't celebrating birthdays. Ain't that a shame?
(Touch)
Change

No comments:

Post a Comment