Saturday, June 23, 2018

Love Expressions From a Child

Our youngest granddaughter, Ashlyn has recently completed the first grade. Ashlyn is the youngest of seven children in the Shawn & Dawn O'Keefe family. As one would imagine, Ashlyn has been the center of attraction. We all know that this scenario can have both up and down sides. For certain older brothers and sisters are constantly heaping praise and accolades on the baby sibling. In Ashlyn's case, I'm sure she has been told many times just how 'beautiful' she is. Therefore the little six year old embraces the concept of 'beauty;' why not?

Recently, our daughter Dawn (Ashlyn's mother) shared some notes Ashlyn wrote to her mother and her first grade teacher. Following are Ashlyn's communications with the exact phonetic spellings:

Note to Mrs Hogan (Teacher):
"I like your buttfall eyes and you have buttfall glassis and buttfall name."

"You make me smiall and make me laugh and I will never forget."

Note to Mother:
"You are speshal to my hart and speshal to my life and I like you and  you are buttfall to my life."

"Dear Mom I love you at the bottum of my hart. I love your kissis and your hugs and I want you to be tankfall to my hart. I like my mom."

"Mom you are beautefull." (Improved spelling of her favorite word). "In a kind way your hair reminds me of dandloins. Happy Mother's Day."

Just a thought but wouldn't it be terrific if adults could communicate pure love as good as a child?


No comments:

Post a Comment