Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Always a Good Morning

A few things I know a lot about; regarding most things, I am clueless. I know zero about electronic devices, and less about peoples' thinking. I am certain, however that my day begins better than most people! I often wake of my own accord because some arthritic conditions blow the morning alarm-whistle. Perhaps equal to that particular 'wake-up-call,' is the A.M. actions of my toy poodle, Yodie who gets the morning off and running. Yodie sleeps at the end of our king-size bed. He falls asleep each night with his front paws wrapped around the neck of a stuffed bear with his mouth clamped on the Bear's nose.


Sometime between 5:30 AM to 6:30AM, Yodie begins to stretch while looking my way. After his stretch-routine, he then meanders towards the old man to begin smelling my hair and wagging his tail from the rear hips. Each morning is the same, he acts as if he is  totally surprised that I am there. His excitement to renew our friendship bond is contagious with uncontrollable wiggling and squirming.
Scientific studies confirm that Yodie lowers my blood pressure, cholesterol and heart rate. He reduces my stress and tension. I also know that this kind of human-pet-bonding relationships results in both human and dog living longer.


Recently, I learned our 24-year old granddaughter, Lindsay and her 2-year old Shih-tzu-Bichon are nearing therapy-dog certification. Imagine a young woman getting it.  She has a special dog with the potential to give precious  moments to the young and old who are facing difficult times and will find joyous-relief from a puppy's boundless love. I must stop now. Yodie needs his teeth brushed and then I'll get on the floor and wrestle with him over his rubber duck...he really needs this moment...well somebody does!

No comments:

Post a Comment