Friday, October 10, 2014

Fortunate-Blessed-Humbled

This Friday morning, I am en route to Vandalia, Illinois where I will be one of dozens of educational presenters at the annual (three county) Professional Development Conference. I have presented more than six times at this educational institute and look forward to sharing a message today.
I began this 'speaking-thing' in the mid seventies and the frequency escalated while serving on various Illinois High School Association Advisory Boards in the 1980's. The IHSA endorsed my speaking presentations, placed me in the role of basketball analyst for two consecutive State Tournament and promoted my books. The IHSA also installed me as its national liaison to the American Sport Education Program. I was fortunate and blessed. I traveled extensively throughout Illinois presenting hundreds of times to administrators, coaches, student-athletes and parents. I offered three staple presentations: "Me, My Kid and Sport;" "Coaching Beyond The X's & O's" and "The Wish VS. The Will." After the release of my book, "99 Answers for the Sport Parent," the speaking engagements expanded across the country...did I state that I was fortunate and blessed?
It is said that should attendees at a conference pick up just one worthy idea the time spent was worth it. I would like to believe I will impart more than one worthy morsel of info...that is surely my intention!
I am humbled by the opportunity.

















No comments:

Post a Comment