Wednesday, October 15, 2014

My god Can Whup Your god !

A few weeks ago, I listened to a debate between a fundamentalist Muslim, a fundamentalist Jew, a fundamentalist Christian and an Atheist; the Atheist did not say he was a fundamentalist but I think we would assume that to be the case. I believe that anyone claiming they are a 'religious fundamentalists' means that they embrace literal interpretation of their 'holy book' scriptures while dismissing any other scriptures.
After listening to the over-the-top rhetoric and pompous claims, I concluded that these four folks had two things in common: (1) intolerance and (2) assholes.
I am a Christian but not a fundamentalist. I wish not to suggest how others should believe or worship. I only ask the following:
You can choose any road map to Heaven you desire or you can go to Hell. Just don't try to govern my country from your fundamentalist pulpit and stay off my grass!

No comments:

Post a Comment