Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Happy Days Ahead

Recently, I read a study about corruption.  'Has society become more corrupt?' It appears the study findings reveal a resounding YES. General population corruption is 'up' 50% while corporate corruption is 'up' 80%. The study offered no government corruption numbers...probably best.  I am not surprised by the study findings regarding corruption; I'm waiting for the study that gives insight to apathy because no one seems to give-a-crap about corruption in the first place.  Most folks bitch about corruption but appear to accept it as matter-of-fact.
Another study I came across gave me more hope for life. This study finds that the older we 'get' the 'happier' we become. Once a person reaches age 65, they begin to enjoy life more fully. The study concludes that happiness increases with each five-year increment. Come to think of it, at seventy-five, I notice myself a tad bit giddier and at this rate by the time I hit 95, I'll be a dad gum incoherent, laughing goof ball.

No comments:

Post a Comment