Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Gibber-Jabber

My 47" VIZO television, which is supposedly hooked up to Comcast XFINITY high definition was experiencing a blank screen periodically so I telephoned Comcast to set up a 'service appointment.' The lady at the other end of my Comcast telephone call spoke broken English and I labored explaining to her that I WAS NOT going to 'follow her telephone instructions to see if my problem could be resolved by her reading directions from a manual and me doing some technician's job.'  I had to use some East St. Louis street jargon to make my point and obtain a service date.


The Comcast service guy came out yesterday at 8 AM. Nice fella who seemed to be extremely well-versed in cable service technology. I listened to him explain what was wrong with my reception and what I could do should the problem arise in the future. He said, "Your HDM1 cable seems loose...perhaps you need a new cable or then maybe the HDM1  port in the TV has an issue." He continued, "Some devices may output a 1080/24p or 1080/30p video signal, but some TV's can only accept a 1080/60p video signal. Connecting the device may resolve the issue."


I found myself 'cocking' my head like my poodle, Yodie when the dog is trying to hear a key word like, treat, bye bye cars, and outside. Nothing helped me understand what the hell the service fella was saying. I said, "Can you explain that in simple terms?" He said sure and offered this: "Try using a different HDM1 cable. If possible, try a different device using the same connection. Hit the power reset button. If no picture comes on the television turn every thing off and allow every device to be without support-power for 30 seconds and repeat procedures."
Not once did I hear that sum bitch say anything about the rabbit ears or aluminum foil!

No comments:

Post a Comment