Monday, October 6, 2014

Kilroy Was Here

It is somewhat funny but yet poignant that the walls in peoples' homes often give off great clues regarding the life lived and hobbies embraced. When entering some homes, I notice animal heads mounted on walls, family photos and oft times awards and or commendation recognitions.  I suppose we all attempt to make sure people know that we did 'something' in our lives that was notable for a brief moment-in-time. Perhaps we also wish to have those extrinsic reminders 'out there' in view realizing that memory lapse is lurking around the next bowl of oatmeal.


In recent weeks, I have taken down several 'wall-items' with intentions to give away these once perceived keepsake reminders. I am aware of some stuff that my three kids might wish to have and a few former basketball players have made it known to me that they would like to receive certain items.
All these 'things' will one day become discarded items...I'm just passing that decision on down-the-line. As the old gospel song says, ...'till my trophies at last I lay down.'

No comments:

Post a Comment