Tuesday, October 14, 2014

It Ain't Over Till Nero Fiddles

My next-door neighbor is a long-time Decatur Fireman. He pulls those two-on two-off shifts. It's a good feeling knowing that several manned fire stations around the city are 'on-duty.' The police force is very visible throughout our city and likewise, I feel good that their constant patrolling-protection is intensified simply dialing 911 in a personal emergency. Down the street from my home, I notice a truck that advertises it's company's 24/7 emergency service with furnace, air-conditioning and or plumbing problems. I suppose there are several such companies offering those services. I hope I don't need to call on the aforementioned folks but it's good to know they 'stand-the-watch.'
On another emergency matter, I am one who always votes in every election. All those elected officials were 'sent' to Washington D. C. to act in the best interest of our Nation's needs. When an emergency happens, I expect those elected Congress folks to 'be on the job.'
HOWEVER--- as you read...
Those politicians are back in their home district campaigning for the up coming November 2014 election. I'm not an alarmist but our Nation face a big terrorist issue in the Middle East, a highly infectious disease (Ebola) is on the verge of a pandemic and a myriad of economic and social problems beg for joint government leadership.
Somebody pull the fire alarm and wake up Nero!

No comments:

Post a Comment