Friday, March 17, 2017

All Good Things...

The time is upon us...time to leave the more laid back 'fantasy life' and return to reality if not normalcy. My wife and I have spent our fourth consecutive winter in the Florida Panhandle @ Miramar Beach. The nine weeks passed quickly with notable 'changes' the last week when older snowbirds departed givingway to those youthful college spring breakers...WOW, different activities to say the least.

My generation of old timers began stirring at day break and their house-lights faded around 9:00PM. This past week was marked with spooky still-like mid-mornings and increased livelier action at dusk. The traffic got thicker as did the 'salty-language,' which I had no problem addressing occasionally. It used to be my size that garnered respect now it's the grey hair and others thinking I might have a stroke if confronted...whatever works!

This last week was fun for Nana and Boompa. Granddaughters, Erica and Loren joined us on their final college spring break. My wife and I are very blessed with 15-grandkids and two great-grandkids. Most of them truly enjoy hanging out with the old farts. That's not normal but then the grandparents and grandkids are not normal. Those two girls tell us things we probably should not know and we do likewise. One difference is however Nana and Boompa will forget those things whereas they will likely retain.

We've made reservations for a winter 2018 return to the resort area and obviously will do so if it's in HIS WILL...I'm good with that. Maybe some more grandkids will join us or even our adult kids.
Till then...'adios' to the Sunshine State.

No comments:

Post a Comment