Friday, March 3, 2017

Confused

I am humbled and appreciative for the three hundred-plus daily blog readers...I thank you. That said, I wish for the readers to know that today's blog is 'For Men Only.' I hope the ladies will not be offended but as the younger generation frequently states, "It is what it is." Have a wonderful day ladies, you're excused.

Okay fellas, I need to vent and seek some support on this issue. Perhaps it resonates with you. My wife and I will be married for fifty-seven years come this June. I cannot recall the number of times when traveling on vacation or business that we have stayed in hotels, motels, condos and other housing rentals. No matter that number there remains 'one constant' and that is this: The issue regarding 'which side of the bed' one wishes to sleep on is never discussed! My wife takes  the side nearest the bathroom. The last four years, we have rented the same Miramar Beach, Florida winter residence. The king-size bed is in a good size room. The side nearest the bathroom has more room, an end table with multiple drawers and a reading lamp.

This scenario has finally saturated my tolerance-sponge. I got the courage to express my true long-stifled feelings. I said to my wife, "Gerry, why do you always assume the side of the bed nearest the bathroom belongs to you? You do know that as men age they make more frequent night-time trips to the bathroom?  You also must realize that here in this Florida rental, you have more room to walk on your bedside area and you have the luxury of a reading lamp and nearby vanity table for personal items?" I then paused with the confidence that I had succinctly and convincingly presented my case.
My wife smiled and spoke matter-of-fact these words, "That's right attack me for thinking about you. When we first rented this house, I saw the bedroom layout. I immediately thought, I need to give you the side of the bed nearest the outside wall so you could hear the Gulf breeze blow the palm tree branches against the deck and I thought you'd like to see the 6AM sunrise coming through the shades. Not only that, I took the side with more room because when you bring my breakfast upstairs each morning, I didn't want you to have to worry about bumping the wall with the tray. You never give me credit for my concerns you!"
Fellas, I 'hey-da-say' but this stuff can make one lose one's mind. I'm thinking that I should apologize to my wife for mentioning this. I'll talk it over with the dog this afternoon and see what he thinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment