Monday, March 13, 2017

"Older Traffic Keep Right"

'Slower Traffic Keep Right.' That warning sign is more and more suited for me. The passage of time creates more of a whirlpool effect similar to the swirling water about to empty from the kitchen sink. I recall walking into a junior high school science class and seeing that 'Periodic Table' for the first time. I knew at that moment things were about to get complicated? I suspect that once the computerized calculator came into our lives those 'slide rules' became straight-edges and door stops.

Once upon a time, I picked up the house phone and 'told' the operator what number to dial for me. I talked to the other party. Today, I need not speak to anybody. I can type a message on my 'smart phone' and the other party can type back to me...we never have to actually speak to each other; how wonderfully sterile! I also save postage stamp cost these days. I can email instead of hard-copy-mail and I can purchase and pay 'online.'

It used to be to travelers' advantage to carry updated road maps. No need for such difficult to fold 'cheat-sheets' these days. We now have Garmin's, GPS's and built-in auto navigation systems, which talk us onto the correct roadways. Should we take a wrong turn, a female voice will explain that she is 're-calculating.'

The extent of my computer knowledge is extremely limited! A friend helped me setup my blog site several years ago. I pretty much remain computer-ignorant. One of my grandkids asked me recently, "Boompa, do you tweet?" I said, "Nope, but I do fart."

"Older Traffic Keep Right."


No comments:

Post a Comment