Monday, March 6, 2017

Making Good Choices

Sitting at the nearby swimming pool at our Gulf Side Miramar Beach, Florida complex, I had a gent next to me lean towards me and ask, "Whata ya think of President Trump's 'tweets?"
(Note: Please understand three things...(1) I have just slightly above average intelligence, (2) Most old farts sitting around warm weather winter vacation swimming pool sites are Republicans and (3) My wife begged me not to 'go off' on anybody about politics while in Florida.) On the thid-point, I have done good...until that moment. I answered my senior friend straight-forward, "I don't think much of Trump's 'tweets' and I think less of Trump."  Dadgumit, I know I talk louder these days due to my own hearing loss therefore my comment was heard by more than the fella making the inquiry. Suddenly, I had four-sun-wrinkled-old-geezers leaning towards me and you could tell that they all were eager to state the conservative case.

Well, I didn't give them what they wanted and Ill tell you why. I learned over time not to argue with my mother because my dad would win. Don't argue with my wife because she always wins. Don't argue with basketball,officials because they usually win and never argue with 'fools' because it saddens you. At that swim-pool moment, I stood and said, "I'll be right back. Those two fellas who pick up our trash every Monday and Thursday just turned onto our culdesac and the Black fella who rides at the end of the truck is Troy. He is the same age as my son. He has seven kids like one of my daughters. He told me last week he was trying to get a home loan. I need to find out if he did. I'll be back.

No, I didn't go back. I took Yodie for a walk. Rather pick up dog crap and keep peace with my wife.

Oh, I'm sorry. 'Big Troy' did get his home loan. He shook my hand (after he took his soiled glove off) and said, "I got the loan man...God is good all the time; all the time Gid is good."

No comments:

Post a Comment