Saturday, March 25, 2017

This We May Covet

I vacillate with my perception and opinions of my fellow Americans. Now before you latch to the notion that I am posturing myself in some condescending manner let me quickly add that I feel the 'same' about myself. I'm a fool just like you! Consider...

We likely agree that insurance (health, auto and home) is a good idea. We also agree that we likely purchase that which we can afford. Now fast forward to the current political debate regarding 'America's Health Care' insurance options. Going back to Harry Truman's administration there has been a push to have a national health care program and finally under the recent Barrack Obama administration a health care program was established. The Republicans have been on a seven year mission to repeal and replace the 'Obamacare.' The Democrats admit some issues with the program but wish to keep the larger Obamacare concept in tact.

Okay, here is where my frustration with me and you surfaces. We get drawn into the health care debate. We pick 'sound bites' from our favorite party and run off at our mouth as if we are experts on peoples' health care needs. Oh, I'll acknowledge a FEW (very few) folks who are extremely well read on the issues but let's face it most are ignorant about health care when ascertaining needs, provisions and cost factors. None of this will stop us from arguing with each other...because WE KNOW!

Well brothers and sisters of average intelligence let's cut through the crap. All,I want in my health care program is the 'exact' same coverage my Federal and state lawmakers have...after all, you and I financially assist in the premium payments for their health care insurance.

     (Touch)
What Kind of Fool

No comments:

Post a Comment