Wednesday, August 2, 2017

'In the Eye of the Beholder.'

I was early for a meeting at the Decatur Civic Center so I thought I'd kill a little time with a McDonald's coffee stop.

As I slipped into a window booth with coffee, I was soon privileged to conversation from two middle-aged women perhaps in their early fifties. Their conversation focused on young female celebrities choosing to be photographed in the buff displaying a profile-view of their very pregnant figure. They seemed to know a lot about the subject. I think Demi Moore was the first celeb to do the pregnant-nude shot but after that I had no clue to the identity of the other bare-babes-moms. These women seemed to know several expectant moms who had posed in the nude and were supportive of this 'see me moment.' I was particularly struck by one remark. One lady said, "I wish I had a nude profile photo of my body with each of my three pregnancies because it would be a great keepsake for my kids." I guess I'm missing something but I have no desire to have a photo of my mother in the buff when she was pregnant with me.

Personally, I believe a photo of my grandmother, Mammy Bennett's bleeding-knuckles from scrubbing clothes on a washboard would be a neat photo keepsake. Perhaps a photo of my father's stress-draw-unshaven-dirty-face dressed in military togs as he trudged through the muddy back roads of France during World War II would be a keepsake photo. Too bad no 'selfies' back in the day.

...or how about something truly beautiful...take a look.
(Touch)
True Beauty

No comments:

Post a Comment