Monday, August 21, 2017

What's Goin' On?

These days, I often find myself going in circles trying to figure out 'what's goin on?' I am certain my children and even the grandchildren are smarter than me. I know this because they come to my rescue with my twenty-first century electronic gadgets. Every dilemma from IPads and smart-phones to television set-up programming. On the latter matter, I recall an easier time when you plugged the television cord into the wall outlet, hooked two antenna crews into the back of the set, turned the rabbit ears a bit here and there and ran to the kitchen for aluminum foil. Those days are long gone!What's Goin On?

I have some other puzzling situations that the youngsters may offer some clarification:

Many retail clothing stores that target the younger set are selling clothing the likes of which, my mom threw away back in the 40's & 50's. Faded and torn jeans particularly. Who buys that stuff today?

I notice hospital personnel wearing those latex protective gloves when tending to patients and yet visitors come in and hug, kiss and bare hand shake with the sick. Explain please. While on this subject of protectiveness, why do those manicurist wear masks and their customers do not?


Last Christmas, my letter carrier returned a five dollar bill that my wife put in his Christmas card. He said by law he cannot accept financial gifts. Hells bells, why don't we have that law with the nation's lawmakers?

What the hell's up with Asian kids always winning American spelling bees? You'd have to think that many of those children have grown up in households where English is the 'second language.'

Every time I read about a Major League Baseball pitcher signing a multi-million dollar contract, I read that his won/loss record is about 50%. The only other guy I know who is 'wrong-as-much-as-correct' and gets a paycheck is my local television weatherman. Explain please?

Am I being used by my cable company? I pay over $150.00 a month for television programming and Internet service.  About thirty percent of television air time is commercial advertising and everybody experiences those damn pop up ads on our computers. Can we successfully protest?

I need to tell my kids to enjoy their smarts because it's a given...aging and dumb are bedfellows.
(Touch)
What's Goin' On?

No comments:

Post a Comment