Thursday, February 1, 2018

Better When Shared

Today is Thursday, February 1, 2018. My how time flies. In eighteen days, I will quietly celebrate my birth of seventy-nine years ago. My, My how time flies.

This journey has been filled with incredible blessings. Parental nurturing established the foundation. Grandparents and other relatives expanded the boundaries of love. A sweetheart of sixty-four years defined love and stabilized the passage through peaks and valleys. Friendships lifted my spirits and gave a sense of worth. My children made me realize that the depth of responsibility should attempt to be equal to and match my blessings. Professional colleagues challenged me to recognize needs and give more.

As my children grew into adulthood, I wondered again, my how time flies. The birth of fifteen grandkids dismissed any personal melancholy thoughts as a new bridge to love was introduced. In the midst of activities to attend from one end of the State to another, I celebrated with great joy. The New and beautiful blossoms on the family tree was the introduction of great grandchildren and the hint of many more to come. WOW!

As I enjoy these wonderful blessings from the hand of my God, I am very much aware of the fact that this journey and the enjoyment therein is only validated because it has been shared. Nothing we  experience has meaning if it occurs in a vacuum.

On February 18, my wife and I will share a meal...perhaps some fish or maybe steak. We shall share great happiness, however no greater than the happiness we shared in our first year of marriage (1960) when the supper we shared was cut-up pieces of hot dogs mixed in a can of pork'n beans...my how time flies.
(Touch)Share The Time

No comments:

Post a Comment