Friday, December 28, 2018

Ain't Easy Being Me Through The Years

I have never been big on making New Year's Resolutions. I suppose I shied away from such abstract declarations because I truly did not wish for change or I knew I'd fail in the mission and who wants to begin a New Year as a failure?

This does not mean I shouldn't make New Year's resolutions because I should change some of my ways. For example:
1) I should not take issue with those who support President Trump but I can't help myself...I keep thinking of George W. Bush's education slogan: "No Child Left Behind." I hate to see intellectual potential unfulfilled.

2) I should Resolve not to become frustrated with the direction of Major League Baseball as it embraces 'swing & miss' for home runs and hitters striking out two hundred times a season. I should also accept the pro-baseball agents' propaganda that a pitcher going five innings should make 22-million dollars a year for such 'quality starts.' Excuse me here while I throw-up!

3) I should stop yelling at the television as rap singers grab their privates while making bad rhymes.

4) I REALLY should stop criticizing  my 'white' evangelical brothers and sisters for their 'selective' scripture pronouncements. (I am going to try this one so my friend Larry Harnly, who re-posts my blogs, will not come under angry rebuke from his friends.)

Okay, I'll stop here. Those who would...Pray for me on this matter. Meanwhile, I'll pray that our National Nightmare will end in 2019. WOW! 2019! Another year when we will NOT find Jimmy Hoffa but another year of several Elvis sightings!

PS.  As caring (Patriotic) Americans, shall we all put Burke's Quotation on a post-it and place it on our bathroom mirror? You know the one...
                                                 "For evil to triumph it only takes good men doing nothing."

No comments:

Post a Comment