Sunday, December 16, 2018

Respect All and Pray For All

A few days ago, I sent a video Christian rap-song message to several Facebook friends. The message contained a requests asking, 'what do you think?' One of my former basketball players respectfully responded, "Coach, I don't believe in God so I'm probably not the one to ask." I answered, "I understand. Have a wonderful Christmas and a healthy New Year." This former player is a good man and I hold a special love for him as I do for all my former players. And I truly respect people's beliefs.

The freedom in our America to choose to believe or not to believe should open eyes to the very reason we must have laws designed for a secular society. Please. It would not bother me to have prayer in public schools nor would I be upset over the Ten Commandments in the public square and personally, I don't believe in abortion, however I yield to the fact that in this free society NO BODY'S RELIGION GETS SPECIAL TREATMENT and those who don't have a religion must never have their freedoms compromised by those who do have a religious faith.

Privately, I choose to pray for my 'Christian' friends and my 'non-Christian friends.' I pray for their safety, good health, happiness, success and yes, I pray that they may know a relationship with Jesus Christ. I say that prayer for all people and especially those I know and love. That's my freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment