Monday, December 24, 2018

All I Want For Christmas

As a child, I recall having those Christmas 'wish lists.' The five-six-year old lad was into 'playing-like' and Cowboys and Indians was the imaginary landscape. I do remember one Christmas getting those two-six-shooters that strapped to each leg as the holsters hung from a belt,which sported a gaudy, shinny buckle.

A year or two later, Perhaps age eight, I wanted that bigger bicycle. I got my wish that year. Christmas morning, I was so excited to see that Roadmaster bike...never mind that it was a 'used' bike. When my teen years took over, the Christmas wish list seemed to always have a ball glove, basketball or some sports' table game. I had become that 'jock-junkie.'

When the teen dating-years approached, I fell into the fashion expectations of the day. My Christmas list had Cashmere V-Neck Sweaters, Khaki, Cord or Levi pants, preferably tapered with a pant-cuff break atop White Bucks, Wing-tips or Black & White Saddle Shoes. The professional years saw my Christmas list moderate with older fashion styles, which included smart suits, flashy sport coats, neck-ties with fluctuating widths and the latest button-down shirts.

In my retirement years' the Christmas wish list focused on 'comfort.' I told those who asked,  "Buy me Nike warm ups, New Balance Tennis Shoes, Polo Sport Shirts, Sweatshirts, Under Armour Pullovers or perhaps ankle length white socks." PS. If the garment stretches...all the better!

On this 2018, Christmas Eve, I would leave Santa the following 'wish list:' Please give me: 1) Family Love, 2) Good Friends, 3) Good Health and 4) More Time. Strangely funny but all the things I had and took for granted those Christmases past are 'Paramount Wishes' THIS Christmas Day.

To each of you who take the time to read my blogs, I wish for you this Christmas, God's Blessings and the love of family...simply stated, I wish for YOU that...which I have.
(Touch)
Merry Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment