Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Sing your Songs

Last Sunday, my preacher said he could not imagine Christmas without music. I say, "Amen" to that, brothers and sisters. However, this old fella cannot imagine life without music.

I have always embraced song as an integral part of my Sunday worship experience. The problem I've noticed is that over the years my taste in song has been forced to take a back seat to a more modern version of Christian music. I mean, I'm wanting those old familiar gospel tunes, i.e., Old Rugged Cross, In The Garden and How Great Thou, not to forget Amazing Grace to be visited frequently but unfortunately they've given way to songs with one catch line repeated 17-times.

Given the fact that I'm a product of the romantic songs of the 1950's, I have committed dozens upon dozens of those '50's classics to memory and there is not a day to pass that I fail to sing aloud many of my favorite songs. My wife, children and grandkids can verify...poor creatures.
(Touch)
Oh Holy Night

No comments:

Post a Comment