Friday, December 14, 2018

Can Less Become More?

Okay, let me preface this blog by acknowledging that an old man's musings can oft times cause a feeling of pensive sadness or an unhealthy attention to death. I adamantly reject both notions by simply stating the obvious. And the obvious is each of us have perspectives predicated on experiences and our activities at our current station in this journey. Therefore, please accept my words as cautionary notes and insights...no more, no less.

I suppose for the greatest part of my life's journey, I was like most folks. I was busy gathering things, collecting stuff and seeking to amass even more things. Perhaps 'things' (possessions) make us feel good, secure and even successful. These days, I find myself with too much stuff and too many things, which I don't need, therefore I am subtracting. I'm giving away and throwing away.

Beyond those tangible collected items, I have also collected some philosophies and beliefs all of which support my attitudes. I developed many opinions about others' attitudes, beliefs and actions. I have personal political and religious views as well as entertainment habits. I'm wondering if similar to purging my life of the plethora of 'physical commodities' if it might be healthy to examine these non-physical collections for possible discard?

Is it possible that my life could improve by clearing away and ridding myself of the all clutter...both the tangible and intangible? Umm, I'm thinking, however it may be more difficult to subtract the stuff in my head versus the stuff in my den.

No comments:

Post a Comment