Monday, December 3, 2018

What Value Placed On A God Wink?

I believe I've told faithful readers previously that I have been in a household with dogs all my life. Perhaps I developed my love of animals from Grandpa E. V. Bennett or his daughter, Lucille, my mother. Fortunately, I married a girl who shares the same love for these God winks.

I remember years ago, we had a miniature Poodle named Rueben. Rueben was a show dog who had the good fortune of having one testicle not descending, which kept him from the 'show world' and placed him in our home as a common pet. Rueben loved to take walks with me into a corn field
nearby our South Jacksonville home. I would often allow Rueben off  his leash to chase rabbits. One day he tore a tendon while running. It cost me $400.00 to get him fixed. Some 8-months later he needed the same $400.00 surgery on the other leg. A neighbor questioned my decision to pay that cost on a 'dog.' I ignored the question.

Last week, my Toy Poodle Yodie had extensive dental work done.  I would call an eleven hundred dollar dental bill reflective of  'extensive work.' How's that, you wish to know how Yodie's doing? He is recovering very well, thank you. Any other questions? How do my kids feel about spending inheritance money on my dogs teeth? I suppose their okay with it...they all have dogs of their own. Besides, I'm blessed, my kids are all very successful.

All my dogs have taught me the same great lesson: 'Live and love until the day you die and never worry about tomorrow.'

No comments:

Post a Comment