Saturday, December 15, 2018

'Splain it to Desi and Mel

Desi Arnaz (Ricky Ricardo)  of 'I Love Lucy' fame, when frustrated and confused over a circumstance would plead his case saying, "Somebody 'splain it to me." I find myself confused and need somebody to 'splain' it to me.'

During President Clinton and Monica Lewinsky's tryst, Senator Orrin Hatch voted for Clinton's impeachment saying, "This great nation can tolerate a President who makes mistakes but it cannot tolerate a President who makes mistakes and then breaks the law to cover it up. Any other citizen would be prosecuted." Recently, Hatch was asked about President Trump's mistakes of immoral activities and covering it up by breaking the law. Hatch said, "I don't care. The economy is doing good."...Could somebody 'splain Orrin's 180 degree reversal?

Here's another 'About-Face' somebody could 'splain....
Rev. Franklin Graham, son of Billy Graham, writing in the Wall Street Journal about President Clinton's immoral activities said: "If he will lie to and mislead his wife and daughter, those with whom he is most intimate, what will prevent him from doing the same to the American people?" Recently, when weighing the allegations of Trump's infidelities, Rev. Franklin reversed his stance on the subject of Trump's tawdry behavior saying, "That's for him and his wife to deal with and I think the Stormy Daniels' thing is no body's business."

I must admit that I'm one of those evil-leaning liberal Democrats who is not a member of the 'family-values party' thus my association with conservatives who, like Hatch states that immoral behavior is okay as long as we're making money. Also, as a follower of the teachings of Christ, I cannot square Rev. Franklin Graham giving a 'pass' to Trump while condeming Clinton for similar immoral transgressions; please, somebody 'splain it to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment