Thursday, July 23, 2015

Be A Smart Dresser

My wife said to me, "As kind and nice as you are, you sure can be a condescending ass at times." May I paint a backdrop of the moment-in-time she offered this opinion?

We were sitting on a bench in Branson, Missouri this week past. If you have not visited Branson, you are missing a truly wonderful entertainment experience. That said, back to my story. While seated in this beautiful courtyard another gentleman of our generation sat down across from us. He was wearing a T-shirt, which sported a head photo image of former President George W. Bush. Under the head photo was this printed statement: 'Do you miss me yet?'

The fella wearing the T-shirt glanced my way and nodded. I said, "Your T-shirt sure reminds me that the concept of No child left behind doesn't work." He grinned and nodded as if to agree.

My wife later scolded me with her comment but I assured her that MY comment DID NOT offend the guy...it went right over his head!

No comments:

Post a Comment