Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Phony is What Phony States

Actions are stronger than words; "Talk is cheap." And thus the sayings go.
Two great athletes come to mind when I think of backing up cheap talk with strong actions. The great baseball hall-of-fame pitcher, Jerome Herman 'Dizzy' Dean and Muhammad Ali. If you don't believe me 'you can look it up,' as Yogi Berra would say.

Presidential candidate, Donald Trump states often that as president, "I will make America great again." I have listened carefully to Mr. Trump and I Hear him speak about building a wall on the Mexican border, which will be "impenetrable." I hear him say that he is going to make Mexico pay for the wall but I never hear 'how.' Trump never gives any concrete measures or methods he would incorporate to make America 'great' again. Well, there is one exception. He advocates the use military might to gain control of the Middle East oil fields. Trump said he would invade with military force and secure these fields with a ring of military personnel. Thank God he's not interested in 'nation building' but only business building. And we Americans are afraid that we cannot trust Iran; perhaps there are a few sovereign nations who hold a similar distrust of our USA considering recent history.

And of course, Trump is just like others who pontificate repealing Obamacare...He is absolutely positive it's a bad health care approach, but he only states he has ideas for a replacement...like others he never mentions details.

My father told me many years ago,"There are two kinds of men: 'show and go.' "

No comments:

Post a Comment