Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Don't Rush Things

Sometime ago, I saw one of those 'final arrangements' funeral home advertisements. It got my wife and I thinking about THAT day and the inherent responsibilities. Therefore, we got the process rolling and purchased the internment site and documented final wishes. The only detail that remains is to pick a 'box.' This will alleviate the burden potentially placed upon our children. I shared this information with my kids perhaps four or five years ago.

One adult child recently shared with me that she got a commitment from a former student of mine to sing various gospel hymns at my 'going away' celebration. I'm okay with this because the young female singer is terrific...I am sorry to miss her talent that day. However...

Reviewing this recent father-daughter conversation, I am now wondering just how active and hard my kids are working on this project behind the scenes? I find myself taking my blood pressure more frequently and 'looking' in the mirror.

At ease children, at ease. And may I ask, when visiting, you kids need to stop laying on the floor looking at the bottom of furniture attempting to see what names are there. That is tacky behavior.

No comments:

Post a Comment