Thursday, July 2, 2015

"None so Blind as Those that Will Not See."

Here is my acknowledgement/disclaimer: I am a white liberal-leaning Christian. I confess Jesus Christ as my Lord and accept your right to confess 'Waldo' as your Savior or embrace atheism. I don't want YOUR prayer said in public schools therefore I will not expect mine to be said. You cannot put your printed beliefs in the public square therefore I shall not demand my beloved Ten Commandments to be there. I accept this because I read somewhere about a group of folks (Pilgrims) who came to this country to escape religious persecution. Then some guys called founding fathers decided all other folks coming to this country would be safe from such persecution. That means if your beliefs get favored over my beliefs...I'm persecuted and visa versa.

I recently viewed on Facebook a photo of the Confederate Flag and two male blacks with their pants 'bagging.' The caption read, "If this (flag) has to come down then these (pants) should have to go up." I am well aware of my average intelligence and yet I cannot make that connection!
I know the Confederate Flag debate is centered around race but if this is some attempt to make a racial connection with bagging pants it misses because too damn many white kids 'bag.'

People have every free-right to display/fly the Confederate Flag; that's not an issue. The issue is flying a flag, which was placed over a federal building (1961) by Southern white folks who were pissed off about the civil rights' movement.you cannot fly 'that' flag in the Public square!

Excuse me while I go pray in my closet.

No comments:

Post a Comment