Friday, July 10, 2015

Bloodline ?

Last Monday evening, I attended the Cardinals / Cubs' game at Wrigley Field. Let me share a backdrop. My Chicagoland daughter and son-in law designed a very special baseball night. They intended to take my wife and I to the game but not sit in just any old stadium seat munching on vendor-vittles. We were going to enjoy the privacy luxury box seats adjacent to a suite, which offers upscale complimentary food. We are talking unlimited foods and beverages. I heard whispers that each person's game package exceeded $300.00 apiece.

The day before the game, my wife and daughter begged off attendance opting to share dinner alone at Ruth Chris Steakhouse. Okay, we now have two spare tickets. Grandson Colin was all over one ducat like a wet blanket. Another grandson, Connor had to wait until the last minute to see if 'his' own summer league baseball game was going to survive a passing rain shower. It did not rain therefore, he was off the short list leaving the last ticket seeking a companion.

By default, 15-old granddaughter, Kaitlyn was 'plugged' into the Roman-style sport experience. The young lady entered Wrigley Field carrying a book, which was an indication that 'a baseball game' is not one of her burning passions. During the evening, I noted my granddaughter reading her book, filling a food plate, text-messaging and taking cell phone photos of a spider that made its way onto a suite railing.

As we departed the stadium and made our way to the parking lot, I overheard granddaughter Kaitlyn ask, "Did the Blackhawks win again?"

No comments:

Post a Comment