Friday, July 17, 2015

My Everyday Fight

Ever so often, I find myself wishing for the BC (before Christ) philosophy, 'an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth.' I suppose you could say, I'm a 'tit for tat' guy. Anyway, I heard on a St. Louis radio station yesterday that some low life asshole put a puppy in a microwave oven killing the dog. My immediate thought was...put the bastard in an oven and cook his ass.

Finally, I brushed Satan off my shoulder recalling Christ's admonishment to 'judge not that ye be judged.' Therefore, I asked the Lord to forgive my initial reactionary thoughts. That personal dilemma aside for the moment, I have heard recent rhetoric indicating the pendulum of public opinion is swinging back favoring capital punishment.  Perhaps people are getting tired of street violence and the fear of violence thus wish to maximize punitive measures believing that stronger punishment will deter.

I'm not smart enough to have the correct answer. I am scripture wise enough to know where Jesus stands on this question...Romans 12:19.

No comments:

Post a Comment