Saturday, July 25, 2015

We'll Do That Again

My wife and I returned two days ago from the Ozarks where we enjoyed the scenery and entertainment in Branson, Missouri. We travel to this quaint community often. Usually, we take in the annual summer performances and try to visit the Christmas pageantry every other season. Branson seemingly attracts families with young kids and oldsters riding tour buses. As a young man, back in the day, I vacationed on beaches where young dollies sported the latest swimsuit fashions covering hard bodies with 'perky points.' Branson offers the more mature babes sporting a Grandkid bragging
T-shirt, which covers soft bodies with 'sagging points.'

Actually, my wife and I do these vacation things for two reasons. First, we like to breakup our rather mundane routines and secondly, we seek the vacation experience to 'share.' Let me elaborate. Most often, we invite and take on vacation one or two grandchildren or we hook up with our adult kids who then bring along our grandkids.

 Two years ago, we took Granddaughters Erica and Kaitlyn to Branson. Current circumstances finds an age gap of available grandkids who are old enough to to make the gig. Therefore, we took Kaitlyn and asked her to bring along a friend. She did. Brianna was our 'rented' grandkid for the trip. Perhaps next year Shannon and Alexa will be 'ready.'

Thank God for health, hearing aids, cataract surgery and AARP discounts. Yes, I always take Toy Poodle, Yodie with me wherever I travel. Aside from being my best buddy, Yodie offers me 'responsibility exercise,' with his regularity needs, which helps initiate my regularity needs.............. it's a win-win relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment