Friday, July 31, 2015

I've Lost My GQ

Back in the day, I was 'up-to-snuff' on the latest fashions. Now, there's a phrase you don't hear often: 'up to snuff.' The phrase dates back to the 19th century and originally was stated, 'He's up to snuff and a pinch above it.' Meaning that guy is 'IN' the know and more! The saying has reference to that powdered tobacco substance.

Anyway, back to my point. During the appropriate fashion time, I wore Levi's, cord pants (both blue & brown stripes), pegged pants, bell bottoms, St. Louis 'orange' thread needle shoes, Mr. 'B' collar-shirts, white buck shoes and I had two hats; a straw and big brim white w/ black ban Stetson. All that fashion style and a butch waxed flat top haircut. OMG, is it any wonder that I dated the prettiest East St. Louis girl?

The aforementioned established, I must today admit that I am fashion clueless. My failure to watch television 'Red Carpet' events caused me to miss out on the latest clothing style. For example: I did NOT know that it is vogue these days to wear floppy fluffy (animal theme) house-slippers and pajamas bottoms when shopping at Target and Walmart.

No comments:

Post a Comment