Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Whoa Be The Day of Reckoning

The other morning after finishing my prayers, I paused; just in case God wanted to 'speak' to me. There have been many people who claim that God spoke to them and not only told them what they should do but told them to tell me what I should do. Many years ago, Evangelist Oral Roberts said God told him that he'd die if he failed to raise a certain amount of money...that's where I came in, I was supposed to send Oral some cash.

I recall after G. W. Bush invaded Iraq, he was asked by a reporter if he had spoken to his father before making that decision. Pres. Bush said, "I spoke to my Heavenly Father before making that decision?" George did stop short of suggesting God gave him the green light. He ma be challenged but he is not stupid. Actually, there is a common denominator between some preachers and some politicians. They often invoke the use of God's name for personal gain. Preachers want your money and politicians want your vote. Define impiety or blasphemy.

If you doubt what I suggest regarding God speaking to folks and giving instructions impacting others' lives, I would invite you to watch Sunday morning television and channel surf the plethora of preachers asking for money from you at God's advice and direction.

Actually, it would be nice if God would speak to me daily or at least email me. Petsmart emails me every day. Meanwhile, I'll continue to interpret scriptures and pick at my preacher's sermons to get God's Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment