Saturday, July 4, 2015

Bring in the Clowns

Let me begin by saying, my father would absolutely not tolerate a boastful demeanor or cocky attitude. That said, I will acknowledge my rearing in that house may have tainted my perspective thus rendering me 'all wet' on the following subject.

The strong Presidential-candidate polling of Donald Trump suggests three things. (1) a ugly prejudice  attitude is deep-seeded in our culture. How else could one explain that a presidential candidate who makes negative remarks about ethnic groups soars in the polls, (2) a large weak field of presidential candidates feeds fringe fanatics and (3) many American people are attracted to obnoxious boisterous blowhard behavior such as professional wrestling and Donald Trump.

My father followed the orders of General George S. Patton during WWII. He and hundreds of thousands of military warriors guaranteed this 4th of July celebration. Ironically, my father also insured the right of Donald Trump to play the clown; acting like a fool and demonstrating the VERY behavior my father deplored.

No comments:

Post a Comment