Monday, October 19, 2015

Hate Abounds

Someone help me out here. Have people 'always' been so mad? During my younger days, I was busy. From my mid thirties until coaching retirement the only folks I thought were pissed off were basketball parents and my urologist.

Today, everywhere I turn, I notice angry tension and often times physical confrontation and certainly war. Youth football parents in San Diego and other locations are fist-fighting in the stands and storming the field to physically confront coaches and officials. Youth seasons are cancelled.

Talk radio not only broadcast the angry callers' comments but the radio host feeds the fanaticism across the airways. Cable television is a 24-7 playground for political divisiveness and ugly accusations. Anybody with half a brain can certainly understand 'why' a condescending, judgmental and racist individual like Donald Trump leads GOP presidential polls because his attitude and rhetoric is a perfect mesh with many angry Americans.

The other day while traveling through the city, I noticed one car cut off another and both drivers jumped from vehicles to confront each other. I did not linger. I did not wish to observe what I believe was to go down. That night while watching the evening news, I heard that a local man was arrested in a case of road-rage and then I saw a clip of some fighting in the Middle East. In the midst of heavy artillery gun fire, I saw a young girl of perhaps mid-twenties using a 'sling-shot' as her weapon. A younger companion next to her was throwing rocks at a military style tank. How deep must be their anger to embrace those weaponry odds?

I'll stop for now. Toy Poodle, Yodie wishes to take a walk. I take my poop-scoop bags. Given the fact that everybody has guns, I don't wish to get shot due to a left-behind lawn turd.

No comments:

Post a Comment