Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Two Clubs Playing the Best Ball

Okay, I have been a St. Louis Cardinals' die hard fan since I can recall and that means since 1946, when St. Louis defeated the Boston Red Sox for the World Series Crown. That was the series when Cardinals' Outfielder Enos Slaughter made his run-scoring mad dash from first base on a left field single by Harry Walker in the eighth inning of game number seven.

 I was in old sportsman Park in 1954 when Stan Musial hit Five home runs against the New York Giants. I was in that same park (1963) when Musial played his last game and got two hits off 'Reds' pitcher Jim Maloney. I was in attendance one year later when Bob Gibson won World Series game number seven against The Yankees.

I don't claim that St. Louis has the best baseball fans in the major leagues but they rank near the top as knowledgeable and appreciative baseball people. This year, I admire what the Cardinals team has accomplished against incredible injury circumstances. That said...I would like to predict the Kansas City Royals versus the St. Louis Cardinals in the 2015 World Series with the 'Birds' winning...but my better judgment urges me to state this: I pick the Toronto Bluejays versus the Chicago Cubs and the Jays taking home the trophy.

Step out there and make your call...

No comments:

Post a Comment