Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Room to Spare

Every house that I ever lived in had one...a 'catch all drawer.' That's the drawer, which seemed to be a handy place to 'put' stuff that we thought we'd put in its proper place later or there was actually no proper place for the 'stuff' therefore it joined an eclectic assortment of junk...OTHER stuff.

This collection-mentality expanded over time. Today, we not only have a 'catch all' drawer on the main floor of our house, we have a 'catch all drawer in the backyard shed. I am not sure when it happened but we created a corner in the basement utility room that is a designated 'catch all' corner.

A few years ago, we decided to sell our second automobile and thus become a one-car couple. This decision, of course created extra-garage space....you guessed; we have orchestrated a garage-catch all area where we used to have the other car.

I don't know about other couples but personally, I HAVE noticed the following about our fifty-five year marriage as it relates to our stuff: I think my wife could get rid of a lot of her 'junk', which would permit me more room for more important stuff; that would be my stuff.

"The whole meaning of life is about collecting stuff."
                                                                                     George Carlin (1986)

No comments:

Post a Comment