Friday, October 16, 2015

"That which you do for the Least of My people..."

The number of Syrian refugees has surpassed the one million mark. These are families seeking a safe place. Mothers and fathers wishing to keep their children alive. Many European countries are absorbing these fleeing families. President Obama has suggested that the United States open their arms to 30,000 Syrian refugees while United States Senator, Dick Durbin believes the USA should up the invite to 100,000; I personally support the 100,000 number.

I have expressed that opinion to a few friends and they 'freak out.' Offering such opinions explains why I have 'few' friends. Of course, the reason most often advanced for NOT opening our arms is that these Syrian refugees are Muslims and my goodness, we know what Muslims are all about. On the other hand, we sure the hell know what Canadians are all about; they are ruthless and vicious people and don't tell me differently, I saw those Toronto  Blue Jays baseball fans  going nuts the other evening at a televised playoff game. Furthermore, it appears if you are an out-of-town baseball fan wearing your team's jersey when attending a Dodgers baseball game you may be nearly beaten to death. I can therefore conclude that all Los Angeles sports' fans are thugs... Send them packing with the Mexicans. If that GOP bunch ever agrees on anything perhaps they can put Trump in Obama's chair and we can build lots of walls.

I become weary listening to disingenuous Christian talk from so many Americans who just cannot put their words into action. Generally speaking,  I'm not sure which issue Americans lie about the most, their commitment to Christ's teachings or public education teaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment