Monday, October 12, 2015

Special Angels

Yesterday afternoon, I was sitting on the backyard swing pondering the ways of the world when I thought about the concept of Heavenly Guadian Angels.  Many people embrace the notion of having those Heavenly Angels looking over them.

I hear many people claim that their greatest mission on earth is parenting their children. I hear folks offer children as their greatest blessings. The thought occurred to me that childless folks may appear to be left out of this great parenting blessing. Ah, but that's not the case at all. They are often those 'earthly' guardian angels. Whereas they did not have children of their own they often find themselves at the smorgasbord table of endless possibilities to nurture several nieces and nephews.
My own journey found aunts and uncles with boundless energies to assist in that abstract idea of a village raising a child. These childless Aunts and Uncles stood alongside grandparents supporting the parents in nurturing the children.

My paternal Aunt Verla and Uncle Paul along with maternal Aunt Kate and Uncle Bud were more than cheer leaders for my brothers and me. They were hands on and significant 'parts' of family gatherings, celebrations and mentoring moments. Yep, they were guardian angels, which shaped my earthly journey.

When I left the swing late yesterday, I realized that summer is drawing to a close. This means less swing time. Consequently, my thoughts will be less profound. The furnace heat tends to dull my mind.



No comments:

Post a Comment