Wednesday, April 12, 2017

And Your Favorite?

While sitting in the podiatrist's waiting room, I overheard a loud conversation exchange between two elderly ladies (my age) talking about their favorite Decatur eateries. Have you noticed how we need not strain to hear old folks talk, since they are losing hearing ability (along with other abilities), we talk loudly. I had an urge to give my 'two-cents,' which would be a vote for the Beach House Restaurant but I stifled my comments. Driving home later, I thought about how people frequently declare so many 'favorites.' We have our favorite color, favorite number, favorite actors, favorite singers, favorite sport teams... our favorites proclamations go on and on.

Yours truly even has 'favorite words.' I actually like many words and often feel depressed that I don't know more words. Two words ranking high on my word-favorite list are 'sanctify' and 'love.' As I type this acknowledgement, I scratch my head because I would think my favorite words would begin with my favorite letter, which is 'P.' Go figure.

Sanctify means to set apart as a declaration of holy and free of sin. Al Green, my favorite gospel singer says the word 'sanctify' better than any one when he sings my second favorite gospel song,  which is 'The Old Rugged Cross.' Listen carefully for the word, 'sanctify.'

Just as you, I've heard the word 'love' spoken in many songs but I believe there is no song that conjures up the VISION of love as does the song, 'Itsy Bitsy Spider' sung by my favorite all-time female singer, Carly Simon. When listening to the song 'Itsy Bitsy Spider,' I suggest you close your eyes and recall a child's engaged-expression when you sang that song and did the accompanying gestures.
'Itsy Bitsy Spider' may be the greatest love song ever.

       (Touch)
Old Rugged Cross


       (Touch)Itsy Betsy Spider

No comments:

Post a Comment